Wrestling with Iowa Interviews
The Bob Steenlage Iowa High School Wrestler of the Year Award
Steenlage has spoken in over 2,500 schools, colleges, corporations, military bases, parents meetings, & prisons with a long list of accolades. He has & will inspire any audience! Bob will greatly uplift you as he shares the lessons of life he learned from growing up in a dysfunctional family in Britt,Iowa to becoming Iowa's First 4x State Wrestling champion, graduating from West Point, Airborne & Ranger Schools, his 1968 tour of duty in Vietnam, raising his family of 8 with his wife, Bobbi, reconciliation with his past, living with PTSD for the past 50 years and his return to Vietnam in Jan. 2018, with 4 of their sons. This story of courage and inspiration you won't want to miss! (The stature of Bob's character was demonstrated again in 2015. The National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum created "The Bob Steenlage Iowa High School Wrestler of the Year Award" given each year to the top high school wrestler within the state of Iowa) Please view Bob's complete resume below:
Spoke in over 2,500 schools, colleges, corporations, military bases, parents meetings, & prisons from 1989 – 1998, as a professional speaker
Inspiration, Choices, How to keep your “Cup Half Full”
How to be a Better Parent
How to Think properly
Character, Drugs & Alcohol
How to Live Longer with a Better Quality of Life
Speaker upon request from 1998 to the present
13 years experience as a science/math teacher & coach
40 years experience as a Sales/Marketing Rep–Top 1%
4 years as an officer in the US Army; resigned as a Captain (2 years in grade)
Platoon Leader & Company Commander in Vietnam 1968. 4th Infantry Division
Awarded the Bronze Star Medal
Every 20th of Bob’s West Point Class of 1966, killed in Vietnam. Every 6th wounded or maimed. These stats are the worst of any West Point class in any U. S. war.
- Personal biography Fighting Back, written by a nationally known author, Mike Chapman (Sixth Printing)
- Featured in “Profiles of Champions” in the book, From Gotch to Gable & in the Illustrated History Book of Sports at the U. S.Military Academy (West Point)
- Bob’s West Point class featured in the best-selling book, "The Long Gray Line, the American Journey of West Point’s Class of 1966"; (4th printing)
- On various radio and TV programs
- Was graduated from the army’s elite Airborne & Ranger Schools
- Captain of West Point’s Wrestling team; undefeated in dual meets all 4 years
- 1966 NCAA Div I All-American Wrestling Team
- 1959-1962 Iowa’s first ever Four-Time State Wrestling Champion
- 2003-Named top sports moment in the history of sports at Britt, Iowa
- 2005 Inductee Iowa Wrestling Hall of Fame www.iowawrestlinghalloffame.com)
- Member of the Glen Brand Wrestling Hall of Fame of Iowa
- Named in 2005 by the Des Moines Register as one of the top 100 Sports Moments in Iowa in the last 100 years (1st 4-Time Wrestling Champion)
- Bob Steenlage Exhibit in the Dan Gable International Wrestling Institute & Museum in Waterloo, Iowa
- Eagle Scout with the Boy Scouts of America, Britt, Iowa
- 1966 U. S. Military Academy (West Point) graduate with Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Graduate Courses from Roosevelt University in Chicago, Minnesota State University, U. of WI-La Crosse & Eau Claire Campus
Married 52 years, as of October 2018.
Wife: Bobbi, a former teacher at Britt. Blessed with eight children, ages 34 to 50 (includes an Orthopedic Surgeon; Assistant General Counsel for John Deere Corp, Veterinarian, Media Specialist, Doctor’s Specialist, and Large Construction Co. owners & builders of Anchor Builders (http://anchorbuildersmn.com)
A New You Starts With Glutathione
Glutathione is the body's master antioxidant that impacts nearly every function in your body. It detoxifies your body's cells and it also recycles itself to increase the effectiveness of other antioxidants (Vitamins C, D, etc). Glutathione is one of the most studied molecules in the world with over165,000 studies on PubMed*compared to vitamin c with 69,000 studies.
*PubMed® comprises more than 33 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
The National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum
The National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum has created a new award. The Bob Steenlage Iowa High School Wrestler of the Year Award will be given each year to the top high school wrestler within the state of Iowa.The award is named after Bob Steenlage, Iowa’s first four-time state wrestling champion. Steenlage competed for Britt High School, winning state titles in 1959 (95 pounds), 1960 (103 pounds), 1961 (112 pounds), and 1962 (120 pounds).Steenlage went on to wrestle at West Point Military Academy where he went four years without losing a dual meet. He was also a third place finisher at the 1966 NCAA tournament at 123 pounds, and a Division I NCAA All-American.Steenlage is a graduate of West Point, & Airborne & Ranger Schools. He was awarded the Bronze Star medal for his service in the Vietnam War. He is a nationally known Inspirational Speaker and businessman. His biography, "Fighting Back" is in the 6th printing CLICK THE PICS BELOW WITH YOUR MOUSE and or PRESS ON SMARTPHONE FOR A SLIDE SHOW AND DETAILS
Contact Bob for a Speaking engagement
Don't be afraid to reach out. You + us = awesome.